Online Therapy Resources
Here are a variety of resources that you can access from your phone or computer to tap into this support.
For individuals in recovery from addiction, anxiety and depression, it is important to maintain their support, meetings and self-care schedule. One way to help is by attending an online support group.
Many support groups offer online meetings through Skype, Facetime, Zoom, or their own video conferencing platform. These meetings have a similar format to the in-person meeting and is the next best thing to being there. For example, there is typically an opening, topic discussion or speaker, and then there is time for everyone to share. Due to recent events, support groups are increasing the number of meetings that they offer to assist individuals who are at home and are unable to access an in-person meeting.
To find the meeting that you would like to attend check out the links below. Follow this simple process to accessing your first meeting.
- Decide what type of support group that you would like to attend.
- Visit the website that is listed below that is correlated with your prospective support group.
- Find a time that you would like to attend a meeting.
- Familiarize yourself with the process of accessing the meeting. You may have to set up an account in order to access the meeting, so make sure that you plan accordingly.
- Remember, just because you are unable to go to your usual groups or meetings, you are not alone. Feeling isolated and alone can lead people to feeling vulnerable and anxious. Reach out to people in your support network by phone or do video conferencing with them. Whether you are chatting with some family, a friend, someone from the program, it can help you feel more connected. This can be something to help you amp up your self-care program and stay connected.
Support Groups for Addiction and Families of Addicts
Online AA Meetings
San Jose/South Bay Online AA Meetings
San Francisco/Marin Online AA Meetings
Sonoma County Online AA Meetings
Bay Area Online 12 Step Meetings
San Luis Obispo County Online AA Meetings
Los Angeles Online AA Meetings
Orange County Online AA Meetings
Santa Barbara Online AA Meetings
Online AA Meetings – Worldwide
Online Al-Anon Meetings
Santa Clara Valley Online Al-Anon Meetings
Santa Cruz Online Al-Anon Meetings
San Francisco Online Al-Anon Meetings
Northern California Online Al-Anon Meetings
San Luis Obispo County Online Al-Anon Meetings
Orange County Online Al-Anon Meetings
Los Angeles Online Al-Anon Meetings
Ventura County Online Al-Anon Meetings
Santa Barbara Online Al-Anon Meetings
Misc. Online Meetings
Online Overeaters Anonymous Meetings
Online Narcotics Anonymous Meetings
Online Codependents Anonymous Meetings
Smart Recovery Online Meetings
SMART Recovery Friends and Family
Depression and Anxiety Support Groups
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
ADAA Online Support Group (Anxiety and Depression Association of America)
Daily Strength Community Groups and Support Groups
The Tribe Anxiety Support Groups
Online Meditation Groups
Center for Spiritual Enlightenment (San Jose)
Enlightened Meditation (San Jose)
Self-Realization Fellowship (San Diego)
Center for Spiritual Living (Ventura)
Dharma Refuge (Nationwide wide U.S.)
Additional Self-Care Support
Jack Kornfield – Meditation for Beginners
Pema Chodron – Guided Meditation
Progressive Relaxation – Johns Hopkins Hospital
Deep Sleep Meditation to Calm an Overactive Mind
Self Improvement from SelfGrowth.com – – SelfGrowth.com is the most complete guide to information about Self Improvement on the Internet.